Monday 4 July 2011

My last CSC weekend in Abuja

#ibmcsc nigeria

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! This is my last weekend of this assignment and I have mixed feelings. I am getting tensed as I have to complete my presentation and at the same time, it is just 5 more days to get back home! I am missing my family so much :(
On Saturday, we went to a local market in Garki district.
The local market view
It is a huge market and all the shops are very neatly maintained. There is food market, general market, fabric shops and I would say you will get anything and everything here. Here are few pictures.
Kim, Brad and Glyn @ local market
Colorful Aligator

Fried poor Aligator!!!
AT the food market, you get o see different kinds of food items - fish, chicken, goat, huge snails and aligators!!! Yes, colorful alligators would be fried to satisfy the hunger for taste! Pathetic.....

From there, we went on to see the Nation stadium, Abuja. It is a huge stadium and well maintained. All the soccer matches are played here. It is a majestic view. We ventured the indoor stadium also. here are the few pictures.
National Outdoor Stadium, Abuja

Panoramic view of Outdoor stadium

National Indoor Stadium, Abuja

Panoramic view of Indoor stadium

 Finally, I was able to capture both National Mosque and National Church in a single photo. It is a bit blur, still I made it!!!

















We also visited the Millennium Park and a lake in Gwarimpa district. Park is a good place to relax. 
#IBMCSC Nigeria
Asha in Millennium Park #IBMCSC Nigeria

Asha, Ken and Malabika in Millennium Park

No comments:

Post a Comment